Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dining With Robots Reading

To be honest I really don't know how to distinguish between pathos, logos, and ethos when I'm reading. I know what they are by definition, but actually finding them in the readings is hard. I know that pathos is the emotional appeal of something, logos is the logical aspect of it, and ethos is the ethical aspect of it. As I read I'm trying to do the best I can to find them, but they're probably not that good. So here's my attempt at finding them: 
An example of ethos is that the reader puts herself into the situation in the beginning, and uses a common ground of making a cake to describe programming. An example of logos is when she explains what a word means in Yiddish. Another example is using a quote from someone. She uses pathos by making it into a story almost and making it so other people can relate.

No comments: