Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chapter 4 pg. 109-115

School Lunch:
When I'm first reading this story it reminds me a lot my old school lunches. The ones my mom used to pack me. She didn't pack me a bunch of fatty sweets and chips but she liked to pack "sensible" lunches as the author, Pooja Makhijani, says in the story. I remember feeling embarrassed by my lunches just like the author feels, but unlike the author I do not come from a different culture. In the story the mom states "Of course, that's what those American parents do. That's why their children are so hyper and don't concentrate on their studies." I don't like this because it annoys me when other cultures just assume things about a different culture. I think people just stop judging other cultures just by a few of the things that they see. Personally it's just aggravating to me. I think it's sad that people feel the need to abandon their culture just to fit in. The world needs to be more open to different people and not be closed minded to having different cultures and stuff in their country.

Thoughts On Memoirs:
I'm actually really interested in writing a memoir. I love writing and it's actually like writing a story instead of an essay. So I'm really looking forward to writing the memoir. I'm having trouble actually picking out a topic to write on. I had a few ideas but really I don't think my life is all that interesting.

No comments: