Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapter 4 pg. 116-127

Memoirs are our experiences that show significance in our lives. No matter how big or small. A person or object could be used to show something important that happened. In this book they use food to describe a relationship between two people or an event that happened. Food is something that could be really easy to think of something that connects two people. For example peeling potatoes could be something that your mom and you used to do so you could write about that. Food is something that everyone in the world knows and can relate to so it would be really easy to create something that people will recognize. 
When thinking about an audience for my memoir I have to think about who will be able to relate and understand my experiences, but I don't want to write my memoir so that only a few people can understand it. I'm picking a topic that can be relatable not just to one group of people but to many people. I'm going to write about my experience in band and my changes and realizations that I had during my experiences in it.
My purpose in writing this is to show how I made the realization that being shy and not able to laugh at myself was holding me back from being myself. Over the course of my high school band experience I went to being the quiet girl with only two friends to being one of the more outgoing people with many friends. I'm going to connect with the audience by giving examples of embarrassing scenarios that I experienced in my time in band.

No comments: