Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Readings From Jean Brandt and Annie Dillard

Jean Brandt:
I can really relate to this because I remember when you had to have certain things to be "in". Actually it was pretty ridiculous and I never really understood why it was like that. I've been in a situation similar to this but I wasn't the one stealing something. Someone wanted to steal something for me but I wouldn't let them do it. I find it really funny that they're going through all that trouble only for a button. As I'm reading this I'm laughing a bit. This makes me really want to keep reading so I know what happens to her. It's exciting with the use of dialogue. I can really relate to this because I have been in plenty of situations where I have done something and knew my parents would be furious when they found out. I agree with the father on this that this whole situation over a button that was less than a dollar is quite ridiculous and they shouldn't have done that. I guess it really taught her a lesson though and I doubt she'll ever steal anything again.

Annie Dillard:
This actually makes me wish that we'd get more snow here. I only remember having snow a few winters but we haven't had very in the past few years. I wish we got more that would be really fun. This story is interesting because I have no idea why this guy would just get out and leave his car to chase these kids. I would never leave my car alone and wide open for people to just come in and lake. I don't know what the point of this essay was though. This one read more like a story in a book or something because it really didn't have a point.