Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Readings From John Edge

I like how this starts out with a time and then describes the place. It really gives you a feeling like you're there and experiencing it. This essay is really detailed and I like how he describes things in here. Haha I love the use of Kool-aid-red as a color. As I'm reading this I'm thinking that it's going to be kind of gross because it's talking about pig lips. This is something I really know nothing about, but I'm really not sure I really want to know anything about this. He uses a lot of quotes from the person. I really can't believe that pig lips would be such a big thing it really sounds gross. I can't believe that they dye the lips different colors either. It really sounds nasty. I really like how it incorporates the story of him eating lips into his profile of the guy. I really like the line about the vinegar tickling his nostrils. I think this really dealt with trying new things as well as describing the person. I, myself, would never try pig lips in my life, but I think he was very brave to actually try them. 

No comments: